Ingermanland is a 64 gun Russian ship of the line, designed by Peter the Great and the British naval architect Richard Cosenz. Construction took three years and the ship was launched on May 12, 1715 at St. Petersburg's naval shipyards.
Cosenz implemented several innovations in the design, including an arrangement of frame timbers that greatly increased the strength of the hull. There were also several changes in the sailplan, with fore and main topgallant sails lending its designer's signature sleek appearance to the ship.
Peter the Great was very impressed by the ship's sailing and combat qualities during sea trials. The ship was designated as the main flagship of the Russian Navy from 1712 until 1721, and it bore the Tsar's personal standard while participating in all major raids and fleet battles against the Swedish Navy during the Great Northern War.
The design of the ship was so successful that more than 60 ships were built to its lines over the next 70 years. In fact, the famous Russian admiral Senyavin sailed Ingermanland’s sister ship during his early Mediterranean campaigns.
In recognition of the ship's contributions during the Northern War, Peter the Great ordered for the ship “to be saved for posterity”, however, after his death Queen Anna cut the budget for maintenance, and Ingermanland's hull rotted away until the ship sank in Kronstadt harbor. The following year the hulk was broken up and sold for firewood.
This ship is now fully restored, “rebuilt for prosperity”, and ready for combat service in Naval Action.